PANAMA Friendly Nations
RESIDENCY BY REAL ESTATE
An initial two-year residency is granted for the "purchase of a property in Panama with a price of 200,000 USD$". We advise you to complete the following steps:
- First, open a personal bank account in Panama to transfer the funds for the purchase of such property in Panama; and
- Second, acquire and register the property under your name at the Panamanian Public Registry.
- Prepare and legalize all documents to be use in your residency application in Panama.
- Finally, visit Panama and apply to the Immigration Department with your attorney.
RESIDENCY BY a business
By applying the immigration act itself, it is also possible to obtain residency with the "formation of a company in Panama" and a "commercial license," inviting you to self-employment. The immigrant can obtain this residence with the submission of the following:
- Formation of a Panama company
- Commercial license of company in Panama
- Invitation Labor letter from your company in Panama
- And other regular documents required for the immigration program.
RESIDENCY BY a
Suppose the applicant applies for residency by "opening a fixed-term bank account," apart from the necessary bank forms, passport, and a second identity card copy. In that case, it must deposit "200,000 USD$ with the 3-years term" in a local bank.
The bank will ask you for "evidence of income in your country" throughout a due diligence process, meaning: Disclose an Income Tax Return or Letter of Employment from your country. Once deposited, the migrant can apply to the National Migration Service of Panama.